Nigerian Open Data collects and uses personal data as needed in order for us to provide you with data in different categories and engage with our data to create innovative solutions Your personal data includes information such as:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Other data that could directly or indirectly identify you
What data is collected?
Most of your personal data is collected from you when:
- You sign up for our services;
- You request assistance from our customer support team;
In order to deliver the best Services to you, we may collect the following information:
- Account related information is collected when you sign up for our Services. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc.
- Supplementary Data may be received about you from third party sources, such as public databases. We may combine this data with the information we already have about you in order to maintain accuracy of our records, and provide products and services that you may be interested in.
How we use data?
We believe in minimizing the data we collect. We will only use your data when we have been given permission to do so, when it is needed to deliver the Services that you have requested, or for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These usages include:
Delivering, updating, and improving the Services that we provide to you. We collect various data relating to your use and interactions with our Services. We use this data to:
- Improve and optimize the performance of our Services
- Identify and investigate security risks, errors, problems, and needed enhancements to our Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services
- Collect statistics about the use of our Services
- Analyze how you use our Services and which of our Services are most relevant to you
Most of the data that we collect is statistical data about how people use our Services and is not linked to any personal data.
How we secure and retain data?
We follow generally accepted standards to collect, store and protect personal data, including the use of encryption. We retain personal data for as long as it is needed to provide the Services you have requested, and thereafter for legal and business purposes. These may include retention periods:
- Mandated by legal, contractual, or similar obligations;
- For resolving, preserving, enforcing or defending our legal and contractual rights;
How you can access, update, or delete your data?
You can access, view and update your personal data by signing into your account and visiting "My Account". If you are unable to access "My Account" for any reason, you may contact us as described in the "Contact Us" section below. If you make a request to delete your personal data, that request will be honored only to the extent where the data is no longer needed for the Services.
Our Services are available to everyone.